A podcast about living and learning in the age of screentime. Welcome to Episode 12 of Season Two: COVID-19.
This episode is a special episode of the Technopanic Podcast in which we discuss the challenges of parenting, and teaching in a global pandemic.
What are the challenges and mindsets we have as we consider guiding youth during a global pandemic?
Tips for parents
- Do your best and stay positive – don’t panic (keep the news off)
- Create daily use rules and stick to them
- Schedule – kids need routine (this is not a snow day)
- Use tech to connect with others – isolation can lead to depression
- Perfect time to learn with your kids about their tech use
- Find a project – maybe gamify something
Tips for teachers
- Do your best and stay positive – don’t panic. Don’t worry about the test either.
- Be available remotely, but set limits on your time (if your school hasn’t already)
- Don’t feel like you have to learn how to teach online overnight – this isn’t normal
What we’re reading:
The Technopanic Podcast is a podcast about living and learning in an age of screentime.
You can also review all episodes here.