Guidance from the Parenting for a Digital Future blog on helping youth negotiate screentime and the development of advanced digital skills they’ll need in their lives.
Support their learning in & out of schools using the following guidelines:
- Start young.
- Model appropriate use of digital technology.
- Agree on family rules about digital technology use.
- Provide your child with access to digital technology, ideally that they have ownership of.
- Talk openly with your child about using digital technology.
- Help your child link up with trusted others who have shared interests.
- Recognize and value the learning that will inevitably happen as your child engages with digital technology.