A recent post by Peter Twining on the blog shares actionable advice on how to support youth as they engage in, and prepare for future use of technology.
My favorite guidance from the post shares guidance on helping youth negotiate screentime and the development of advanced digital skills they’ll need in their lives.
- Start young
- Model appropriate use of digital technology
- Agree on family rules about digital technology use
- Provide your child with access to digital technology, ideally that they have ownership of
- Talk openly with your child about using digital technology
- Help your child link up with trusted others who have shared interests
- Recognize and value the learning that will inevitably happen as your child engages with digital technology