A podcast about living and learning in the age of screentime. Welcome to Episode 4 of Season Two: Supporting Youth Participation Online.
Moments from our lives: Kristen and Ian talk with Dr. Henry Jenkins about challenges and opportunities as youth engage and participate online.
- What is screentime? How does screentime intersect with participatory culture?
- Is all screentime created equal?
- What are some of the benefits of digital technologies for youth?
- What are some of the things parents should consider when deciding whether to allow their children to use screens?
- How can parents talk to their children about both the positives and negatives associated with technology? What are the most important conversations to have?
What we’re reading: